3975 Fruitville Rd.
Sarasota, FL 34232
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
What do dreams, near-death experiences (NDE) and archetypal phenomena surrounding death tell us about the mysteries of life, death, and the beyond? How do dreams help prepare us for death—our own—and for the passing of loved ones? How do our worldviews alchemically change through these experiences?
When someone we love is dying or when we come close to death ourselves, the boundaries between these worlds can become very thin, and mysteries of life, death, and the beyond can reveal themselves, opening us to life-changing understandings in the imaginal realms of reality. Find out how these experiences of the threshold between life and death can inform us and transform us.
CE Course Objectives
- Examine cultural attitudes and neurosis surrounding the reality of death.
- Discern the role of the avoidance and denial of death plays in the well being of client’s lives.
- Identify processes whereby the psyche attempts to expand consciousness beyond one’s psychological defenses in experiences near death.
- Analyze factors in dream research that illuminate psychological attitudes of well-being at death.
- Identify psychological processes that assist the individual to discover peace at death.
Friday, February 22
7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
CE: This course is 2 CEs
Course #: 20-673234*
*Approved by the Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family therapy, Mental Health Counseling and Master Social Work for two CEs. This class is also open to the local community.
Unitarian Universalist Church of Sarasota
3975 Fruitville Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232
**Sign up here to register for CEs. You must also sign up with the C.G. Jung Society of Sarasota by calling 941.952.8188. There will be an additional cost through the Jung Society. If you are not seeking CEs you do not need to sign up through Friendship Centers.